PONANT adheres to the Southern Region's "Zero Plastic Waste" charter
One of the first member companies
As a result of our commitment to eliminating plastic waste, PONANT was one of the first companies to sign up to the Southern Region's "Zero Plastic Waste" charter.
By signing this charter, PONANT is committed to:
- actively contributing to the awareness of plastic waste reduction,
- implementing the prudent use of plastics,
- participating in the management and recycling of plastic waste.
Exemplary measures on board
PONANT has already taken several exemplary measures to eliminate single-use plastics in its operations:
- Elimination of the use of plastics in drinking straws, laundry bags, cups and single-serving food portions.
- Stainless steel water bottle provided to each passenger on expedition cruises
- Production of fresh water by osmosis on Le Commandant Charcot
The Southern Region is well aware of the issues surrounding plastic waste and, since 2016, has been committed to a robust policy for combatting this pollution as part of its regional climate plan "Une Cop d'avance". This regional programme aims to protect natural environments and to promote plastic recycling, in particular through the implementation of a "South Zero Plastic Waste Charter", the management of which is entrusted to the Regional Agency for Biodiversity and the Environment.